Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Salad

-by Megan
A healthy twist on the original
I ended up making this from a handful of leftovers in my fridge. It made a great lunch!
Serves 1

Ingredients:
-1 Sweet Potato or Yam, diced
-A handful of steamed asparagus, chopped
-1/4 of a chopped bell pepper
-one handful washed spinach leaves, torn
-fresh herbs of your choice, I used dill
-mayo, plain yogurt, and honey mustard to taste (oil and vinegar would also work well)




Directions:
Grill the diced sweet potatoes in a skillet with a small amount of oil until tender and browned. Turn off heat and put sweet potatoes in a medium sized bowl. Stir in all veggies and add about ½ TBSP mayo, 2 TBSP plain yogurt and 1 TBSP honey mustard (or to your taste). Mix well and enjoy!

(You can also do as I did and cook the sweet potatoes then night before, adding all the other ingredients the next day. I prefer the potatoes slightly warm, so I microwaved it before adding my other veggies. )

1 comment: